Welcome to TooBasic
What is TooBasic?
TooBasic is a PHP framework that provides you with many features
you don't want to worry about like cache, database connection, views and
What can I do with it?
TooBasic provides some sort of solution to features like:
- MVC: Provides model-view-controller mechanism (visit
- Skins: Provides different ways of displaying your
- Scaffolds: Also provides a basic set of tools to
create artifacts in a faster way (visit
- Forms Builder: A mechanism to define and administrate
forms through JSON specification files (visit
Forms Builder and
- Routes: Pretty and clean urls (visit
- Database Wrapping: Provides a simple way access
tables in a database by representations (visit
RESTful access to wrapped tables.
- Services: Controllers that only return a JSON result
avoiding presentation logics (visit
- Plugins (modules): A simple mechanism to expand your
site through plugins.
- Shell Tools: Some sites usually have background tools
to perform heavy tasks, TooBasic provides a way
to define and manage this tools (visit
Shell Tools and Crons).
- Crons: Something like tools, but
restricted to cron-type executions.
- Cache: It provides a simple way to cache controller
result avoiding its logic on a second request (visit
- APIs Wrapping: Provides a simple mechanism to access
external APIs (visit
- Language Translations: Provides a way to show your
sites in different languages (visit
Where do I start?
I guess the most simple answer for this question is to point you to our
main documentation page.
You may use the menu on the top-right corner of this page and choosing
Main Document or just click this
Ok, I like it, but how do I disable this page?!
There are at least 4 ways to disable this page and I'll try to explain
The aggressive one:
Go to the directory ROOTDIR/modules and remove the folder
Harsh, but effective.
Not so aggressive:
One way in which you won't lose any file is to rename
starterdoc to _starterdoc or even .starterdoc
(with a dot at the begining).
The polite one:
Go to the directory ROOTDIR/modules/starterdoc and create
a file called .inactive.
This doesn't require file removal or renaming and has the same
The useful one:
If you like this page and the way it shows document pages, and you
want to keep it available in your page, you can add something like
this in your site's configuration file at
In some cases this may not completely work, but let's not think
about that :)
Visit this project at GitHub following this