# TooBasic 2.3.0-mamba
## What is it?
Well __TooBasic__ is a too basic php framework with some basic features, in other
words, a micro-framework.
Its main reason for existence is to provide a simple and quick framework in which
you can start right away building your site while __TooBasic__ takes care of some
## Why would I use this at all?
Well, there's no real reason, you'll probably find much better solutions in the
first page of a google search, but if you want to try a simple framework, keep
## Basic features?
__TooBasic__ provides some sort of solution to features like:
* __MVC__: Provides model-view-controller mechanism (visit
[Controllers](docs/controller.md) and [Models](docs/models.md)).
* __Skins__: Provides different ways of displaying your sites (visit
* __Scaffolds__: Also provides a basic set of tools to create artifacts in a
faster way (visit [Facilities](docs/facilities.md)).
* __Forms Builder__: A mechanism to define and administrate forms through JSON
specification files (visit [Forms Builder](docs/forms.md) and [Quick
* __Routes__: Pretty and clean urls (visit [Routes](docs/routes.md)).
* __Database Wrapping__: Provides a simple way access tables in a database by
representations (visit [Databases](docs/databases.md) and
* __Services__: Controllers that only return a JSON result avoiding presentation
logics (visit [Services](docs/services.md)).
* __Plugins (modules)__: A simple mechanism to expand your site through plugins.
* __Shell Tools__: Some sites usually have background tools to perform heavy
tasks, __TooBasic__ provides a way to define and manage this tools (visit
[Shell Tools and Crons](docs/shelltools.md)).
* __Crons__: Something like tools, but restricted to cron-type executions.
* __Cache__: It provides a simple way to cache controller result avoiding its
logic on a second request (visit [Cache](docs/cache.md)).
* __APIs Wrapping__: Provides a simple mechanism to access external APIs (visit
[Simple API Reader](docs/sapireader.md)).
* __Language Translations__: Provides a way to show your sites in different
languages (visit [Languages](docs/language.md)).
Installation is not that complicated and you can find how to do it following [this
## Start up
To show you how easy it could be, once you installed __TooBasic__ in a directory
(let's say named `mysite`), follow these three steps:
* Go to your __TooBasic__ directory (the one called `mysite`).
* Run this command:
php shell.php sys controller new my_controller
* Access your newly created controller with your browser at an URL similar to
And just to let you know:
* this already gave you a controller and a separated view rendered using _Smarty_.
* and it's already using a really basic files based cache system.
Of course, if you want you can write controllers and views manually as explained
in [this link](docs/controller.md).
## Suggested modules (plugins)
If you are already using __TooBasic__ and you want to expand your possibilities,
we suggest you visit this plugins:
* [__JSInject__](https://github.com/daemonraco/toobasic-jsinject): Your PHP
variables in your JS.
* [__Logger__](https://github.com/daemonraco/toobasic-logger): To generate and
manage log files in your site.
* [__Workflows__](https://github.com/daemonraco/toobasic-workflows): If items in
your site have to follow a intricate process with different stages and status and
you're thinking about a _work flow_, well, check this module.
* [__ZFieldFilters__](https://github.com/daemonraco/toobasic-zfieldfilters): This
is a simple extention of complex fields in your representation that allows you to
use some columns as zipped data.
* [__Redis__](https://github.com/daemonraco/toobasic-redis): To use
[Redis](http://redis.io) as cache adapter.
These are some documentation pages we suggest you to visit to get more knowledge
of how __TooBasic__ works:
* If you're having problems:
* [Author's Note](docs/authorsnote.md) (yes, it's somehow problems
* If you want to know more:
* [Controller Exports](docs/controllerexports.md)
* [Quick Forms](docs/qforms.md) form __Forms Builder__
* If you want the heavy stuff:
* [Shell Tools](docs/shelltools.md)
* [Conditional Redirections](docs/redirections.md)
* [Forms Builder](docs/forms.md)
* [Simple API Reader](docs/sapireader.md)
* [Search Engine](docs/searchengine.md)
* Even heavier stuff:
* [Forms Builder Specifications](docs/tech/forms.md)
* [Query Adapter](docs/tech/queryadapter.md)
* [The full index](docsindex.md) of document entries.
Even though you can use other mechanisms, __TooBasic__ provides and adapter for
template using _Smarty_ as engine, and it's selected by default.
You should visit its documentation at
Of course, if you want to use a different template interpreter, you may visit the
[Adapters Doc](docs/tech/adapters.md) to find an alternative.
Nonetheless, [_sys-tools_](docs/facilities.md) use _Smarty_ to generate scaffolds.
__Home Page__: http://www.smarty.net/
### Twitter Bootstrap
Because it makes things pretty and saves the life of programmers with no designing
skill like I am.
__Home Page__: http://getbootstrap.com/
Who doesn't use jQuery?
__Home Page__: https://jquery.com/